In this section you'll find my comments and stories on restaurants I have visited and what I think about them. Please feel free to sharing your comments about these restaurants or other you have visited, I'm always keen on trying out new ones!
JOHANNESBURG RESTAURANTS (A-Z)
JOHANNESBURG RESTAURANTS (A-Z)
Bellinis Restaurant <<< Click for Full Review!
- Food: Cafe mix, Salads, Burgers and Fillet.
- In a nutshell: Excellent food classics in a warm and welcoming environment with great energy and service. This restaurant lives up to its outstanding word-of-mouth reputation and everyone in the staff team does their part towards maintaining it! Don't miss: Chicken Livers Peri Peri and the Pepper Fillet.
- Where: 18 Chaplin Rd, Illovo. Johannesburg, South Africa. Tel: 011 880 9168
Co.fi Bar & Restaurant Review
- Food: Cafe variety, mostly light meals.
- In a nutshell: I don't know if you can even call that food! Went in for a light meal and had to return my dish not only once, but twice! I can't say much for their drinks as I went for lunch and only had juice, the service wasn't too bad though. Please if you come this way, never ever, ever, order food!
- Where: The Firs Shopping Centre (Hyatt), above Piza e Vino. Rosebank, Johannesburg. South Africa.
DW eleven 13 Restaurant Review <<<Click for a Full Review!
- Food: Bistro, Fusion.
- In a Nutshell: Highly overrated. The restaurant is OK, but the food and service do not come close to meeting the expectations one would have of a restaurant rated the top 5 in South Africa and to which an outing can turn out pretty pricey.
- Where: Dunkeld Shopping Centre, Cnr Jan Smuts Ave and Bompas St. Dunkeld, Sandton. Johannesburg, South Africa. Tel: 011 341 0663
Oliva Bar & Restaurant Review <<<Click for a Full Review!
- Food: Spanish and Italian Tapas, Mediterranean.
- In a Nutshell: Very limited Food Menu and only 2 choices of wine (both non South African). No card payment facilities. Nothing dazzling about it, except for the Wednesday Soprano Shows. Too little choice and too much trouble for a dinner out in my opinion, so I didn't even stay to try it.
- Where: 178 Oxford Road (Cnr Corlett Dr). Illovo, Sandton. Johannesburg, South Africa. Tel: 011 025 5225
Parea Taverna Restaurant <<< Click for Full Review!
- Food: Greek, Mediterranean.
- In a Nutshell: Good food done right, average wine list and service. Excellent and fresh ingredients with variety of unpretentious choices. Budget is average, but can result quite costly if you go for some of the more fancy items on the Menu. Our neighborhood favorite! Don't miss: Grilled Halloumi, Grilled Whole Fish, Break a Plate!
- Where: 3 Corlett Drive, Illovo. Johannesburg, South Africa. Tel: 011 788 877
Rabbit in the Moon - Bohemian Cafe in the Heart of Sandton <<< Click for Full Review!
- Food: Eclectic Bistro (a bit of everything)
- In a Nutshell: Flavorful Food in a Heartwarming setting where the client is king. Prices on the Menu for the starters and Lunch Menu Items are on the affordable side, with the dinner price range significantly higher, yet reasonable. An excellent choice for a romantic dinner or simply the place to chill out with a nice selection of cocktails. Don't Miss: Filet Mignon and Three Milks Dessert.
- Where: 198 Oxford Road, Illovo (Same complex as Yamato, next to Thrupps). Johannesburg, South Africa. Tel: 011 447 6720
Thomas Maxwell Bistro <<< Click for Full Review!
- Food: Contemporary, French.
- In a Nutshell: Good food, good wine and good service. Budget required is a bit above the average dinner out, but fits in with other fine-dining establishments and the tastes and experience are worth it. They just need a bit more planning for awkward and unexpected situations as it all becomes part of the experience (i.e. Do not recommend a wine that you know may refuse to be opened right before the food arrives). Bookings are necessary and corkage is allowed for a fee. Don't Miss: Mussels Napolitano, Duck and Porcini Mushroom Phyllo Pastries.
- Where: 140 11th St, Parkmore (behind Benmore Gardens Mall). Johannesburg, South Africa. Tel: 011-7841575
Tortellino D'Oro - Authentic Italian Restaurant <<< Click for Full Review!
- Food: Italian, Pasta
- In a Nutshell: Hearty food, nice wine and good service. Homemade pasta and excellent fresh ingredients and combinations thereof are the signature of this restaurant, with owners always present and an excellent culinary experience almost certain. Always a great choice, although rather on the pricey side. You should book for dinner. Don't miss: Camembert and Pear Crostinis, Porcini Mushroom and Truffle Taglioni, Chocolate Gelato.
- Where: Oaklands Shopping Centre. C/o Pretoria Str & Victoria Rd. Oaklands. View Map. Johannesburg, South Africa. Tel: 011 - 483 1249. Website: http://www.tortellino.co.za/
Addis in Cape Restaurant - Ethiopian Food in the heart of Cape Town <<<Click for a Full Review!
- Food: Ethiopian, Curries and Beans.
- In a Nutshell: An unforgettable dining experience where you share and eat delicious food with your hands. Don't miss: The tasting menu and great for a Romantic dinner!
- Where: 41 Church St, City Bowl. Cape Town, Western Cape. Tel: 021 4245722 Email: email@example.com Website: www.addisincape.co.za
The Foodbarn Restaurant - Loving Food and Life in Noordhoek <<<Click for a Full Review!
- Food: Fine dining, French inspired with some Asian twists.
- In a Nutshell: Enjoy an unpretentious fine dining experience where food tastes fresh and is approached with creativity, care and a bit of dare. Don't miss: Tuna Sashimi, Nitida Wine, the Deli.
- Where: Noordhoek Farm Village. Corner Village Lane and Noordhoek Main Road. Noordhoek, Western Cape.Tel: 021 789 1390 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.thefoodbarn.co.za
Care to differ or recommend? Please feel more than welcome to do so, I'd love for you to share your thoughts regarding these and other restaurants!